Re: Insurance Settlement Vehicles

To: "Mike Bullis" <mike@benchmarksales.net>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance Settlement Vehicles
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:27:14 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bullis <mike@benchmarksales.net>
To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, July 09, 2000 3:48 PM

>I'm pretty sure you need a salvage license (not too easy to obtain) to
>attend the auctions these vehicles end up at - I tried to buy back my own
>wreck & was not allowed to due to IL laws -

Not a problem in Minnesota (don't know where the original poster lives)  I
know of many ordinary folks who bought their totaled cars back.

>however i got a few nice parts
>out of it before the tow truck showed up.....

Well, yeah.  Especially if they are trick autocross parts and the insurance
company didn't pay you extra for them.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green