Was Stock Class: now Celica ST

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Was Stock Class: now Celica ST
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:19:44 -0700

Gary types:
> had bought my car a few years sooner and actually got to run it
>competitively for awhile, I might not be so upset by the proposed moves. But
>I am sure anyone who made a car purchase based on autocrossing it, only to
>have it bumped up 2 classes the year after you bought it would leave you
>upset. The car has been around several years, and EStock now is a good fit. I
>knew it was going to EStock when I bought, but now to basically GStock???
>While better equiped cars are going down to the new HStock???

While I can understand SOME of your points, you have to go back to that time to
understand the cars and the classings.  What you have in class 8 is the *OLD*
GS.  The same GS that was within .003 of the PAX with ES (.791  vs. .794).  ES
and GS ran the same times at the National level...and if you really think that
ES is a good fit for the ST, then putting it in with OLD GS cars is basically
the same thing.

AB