Re: Playing to win

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Playing to win
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:37:12 -0500
Scott Meyers wrote:

> In some classes, and more than not, there is not the escalation towards
>serious
> $$$$ - but will I drive 1800 miles one way when in *my* class I know that I
>will
> face both talent and $$$$? Not really, unless I "had a chance". And, in my
>mind, I
> do think of a "chance for first".

I am truly sorry to see this.  There are many people that just don't
know what they are missing because they won't try it.  Fully 75 precent
of the entrants would not be there if having a chance at first place was
the pre-requisite.  Of course you will never actually know where you
stand unless you take a big chance and go, so I guess you will always be
the big fish in the little pond.  This is a very sad attitude and I'm
sorry that we won't see you at any of the bigger events.

My guess is that even if you got what you want, which is a "pure stock"
class allowing absolutely no changes from as delivered condition, and
you were in the hot car for the class, you would not go anyway because
you will run up against talent.  Your welcome to co-drive my car anytime
you feel you can make an event.  Again...sorry to hear that you won't
play unless you can win.

Pat