Re: suspension bushings in ST...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suspension bushings in ST...
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:28:28 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/00 12:19:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org writes:

> The ST rules refer to 14.8 specifically in regard to shocks, struts, and
> springs, not the entire language of 14.8.  I see no other specific allowance
> for changing suspension bushings.
>
> GH
> ================================
> That's exactly why I originally referred to the non-allowance of aftermarket
> suspension busings in STS as an oversight.  In an otherwise "bolt-on" class,
> why wouldn't one allow aftermarket suspension bushings?  In my mind they
> sure fit the intent of the STS, and STR for that matter, class rules.
>
> As well as an allownace for aftermarket engine mounts (also in the SP
> classes).  They are an easy bolt on that's very common outside of  SCCA
> circles.
>
> Eric Linnhoff in KC

Eric,

There was a fair amount of member/competitor input when these rules were
formulated, and we haven't seen a groundswell of interest in changing them
in this area so far.  But if you'd like to suggest a change, you can write a
letter or send an e-mail through the SCCA website.

GH