Re: Corvette off course

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Corvette off course
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:14:44 -0500
Very good points, Randy.  And I think I can answer your question:

> If one assumes a minimum distance
> from the edge of the course to an obstacle (including a course worker or
> spectator)...how do you define the edge when the outside of the course
> is undefined. In an optional slalom, the car can go as wide as it wants.
> So if at this point, the slalom cone is 25 feet or 50 feet from the edge
> of the pavement...what is the distance from the edge of the course?

According to the rulebook, the minimum width of a Solo II course
should be 15 feet.  And the minimum width from the outside of the
course to the edge of the pavement should be 25 feet.  Therefore, in
my opinion, the slalom cones should be AT LEAST 40 feet from the edge
of the pavement - maybe more if the conditions warrant.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman