ST rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: ST rules
From: LiloACRguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:59:51 EDT
Wow!  Finally got hold of a rule book and the stuff I missed (like, all the
2000 changes).  The rules have been changed all around.

The emissions componet of the ST rules is much clearer than it used to be, but
I am still bugged about some of the suspension rules.

What started my search was the discussion on suspension bushings which are
dealt with in section 14.8C.  The thought was since the description of the rule
in ST referenced section 14.8 (suspension) but only mentioned springs and
shocks that only 14.8A was allowable.  The way the rules are written, I can see
this pretty clearly, although I still have some problems with this.

First, I think suspension bushing should be allowed, if for no other reason
than that is how most camber compenstation kits for double a-arm Honda's work
and...

Second, the lack of Rule 14.8F, the rule that allows changes in alignment
parameters from the stock class requirements cuased by using otherwise allowed
parts.  (imagine trying to lower a Honda keeping the camber in stock specs
without a correction kit, or all the people who need to go back and recheck
their alignment)

Somewhere there is a definate oversight, as I'm sure this was not the intent...

Or am I missing something completely?