Re: Misquoted again

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Misquoted again
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:43:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/2000 8:03:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pfoster@gdi.net writes:

<< Every time the subject of car classifications come up the
 same people get defensive about the whole thing. And guess what? They
 were all on the SCAC or SEB at some point in time. We already know how
 you feel and we appreciate the efforts you have made. But for
 chrissakes how about chilling a bit! After all, we are only "bench
 racing" here...  >>

So, it's okay to attack us, and it's not okay for us to get defensive?

I've heard "You guys move cars so your car will be competitive."  Absolutely
incorrect, within the SCAC, by the way...
I've heard "What are you doing on the SCAC?  You run in SP!" ('91-93)
I've heard this theoretical "mathematical formula" bandied about for years.
But nobody (including me, in several attempts) can come up with one that
actually works.

Go ahead and "bench race."  Just don't beat up a bunch of knowledgeable,
well-intentioned guys who have the best interest of the sport and the largest
number of members possible, and who actually PAY $1-200/year in conference
calls for the priviledge of having people come up and want to talk about
their pet car while they are in line to make Pro-Solo runs...

CHD