Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <vreihen@hotmail.com>, <Markdaddio@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:47:22 -0500
From: Hottvr@aol.com <Hottvr@aol.com>

>In a message dated 7/22/00 8:51:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>vreihen@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< You dare to question the words of the great Kazoo???  I know
> that you've only been doing this for three years, so you
> might not recognize the name of the above and his accomplishments
> over the years. >>
>
>I dare to question everyone. Its not the number of years(i've been driving
or
>anyone else for that matter) its the quality of them. I don't discount his
>driving(Daddio), just the "Blind Faith" that many on this list have? There
is
>a lot more to this whole game
>than a few hundred bucks spent at a driving school can teach you.

Yeah.  There is natural athletic talent.  Some have it.  Most of us don't.
But we can all have fun.  I can beat up on a lot of drivers just on the
basis of experience and knowledge, even though I have zilch for talent.

At Nationals, there is no substitute for talent in most classes.  You can
spend what you want on car prep, but the class will go to a talented
individual if there is one in the field.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green