Opel GT's in AutoX

To: N61WP@aol.com, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opel GT's in AutoX
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:45:18 -0500
"I recently sold my Fake Healey after never having any luck, (or skill),
with
autoxing it. My first intentions were to turn the cash into a nice, late

model used Miata. Then reality set in and most of the green went toward
other
obligations. Now I am missing all the fun and I need a new (Cheap) toy.
I am
trying real hard this time to try something different then the British
cars I
have owned in the past. I still want something out of the ordinary. The
Opel
GT popped into my head. I always wanted one as a teenager. The ones I
have
found advertised seem to be cheap, probably due to good reason. Can
anyone
tell me about their history in autoX, and any other good advice about
them? "

If you can't find a decent 90-93 Miata for $4-6k, I'd suggest a $2-3k
Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE.  Better reliability and easier to find parts for than
the Opel.  On the other hand if you love Opel GT's, go for it.
http://www.best.com/~mouton/sccasolo/ says they're in ES or FSP.

FWIW, awhile back a buddy of mine was going car shopping. I tried to
make a list of competitive stock class cars that were $10k or under
according to places like http://www.autotrader.com

SS = early C4 Corvette (84+)
AS = 2nd gen MR2 Turbo, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 944S2
BS = 94+ Miata R
CS = 2nd gen NA MR2 (91-95), Porsche 924S/944, 90-93 Miata, RX7 GSL-SE
DS = Neon ACR, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda CRX SI
ES = SOHC Neon, 94+ Celica, Saturn SC2, Honda Civic/CRX, 4 cyl 93+
Probe/MX6
FS = 89+ Camaro/Firebird/Mustang
GS = 6 cyl 93+ Probe/MX6, 3.8L Camaro/Firebird, 92-96 Prelude
HS = Civic, Integra, BMW 318, Corolla, Contour, Golf, Paseo, Protege,
Omni, Shadow

Can anyone add to the list?

Hope that helps.
Jeff Cashmore