Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:54:43 -0400
>John Whitling wrote:
>
>Mark Sirota wrote:
>
>> Courses like the Devens NT and the NEDIV Divisionals aren't really
>> fair, because the classing is designed around a certain type of
>> course.  Extremely high-speed courses, especially one where the right
>> foot stays on the floor for extended periods of time, favor the
>> more powerful cars in each class.
>>
>> Mark
>
>Does this statement account for all those slow, front wheel drive courses
>being unfair to high horsepower vehicles????? Every autocros will vary.
>If your car isn't the "hot setup" for that event what do you want us to
>do ... reset the course so Neons look like superstars?????? Get over it.
>
>John Whitling

John,

I don't think Mark drives a Neon :-) Also I didn't know that CMod cars were
front drive :-)

Seriously, many folks are noticing that the style of courses in auto-x are
changing. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? I really don't know. But I do
know that many courses allow speeds of stock class cars that are in
VIOLATION of the RULES. That is not good. Let's keep the discussion on team
net open and try to get some consensus on ways to avoid this speed creep
before it does get out of hand. IMHO :-)

Regards,
Alan