Re: C5 computer location

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C5 computer location
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:29:16 -0400
Rick Brown Asked:

>Buddy of mine is trying to locate the computer in his C5 Corvette to
install
>a B&M shift chip.
>Anybody know the location of the relevant box and how to get at it?
Thanks.

No problem.  Thanks to an "event" at Grattan Raceway during the Michigan
National that involved a T1 C5 hardtop getting inverted (it had help from a
steep embankment, an Armco barrier, and a driver that just couldn't bring
himself to lift -- I was the first responder F&C worker), I can tell you
that a C5 computer is located in the rear of the engine compartment, down
low, near what used to be called the firewall.  It may be between the inner
and outer fenders (there were bodywork bits that had gone walkabout in the
general vicinity) on what I recall to be the passenger side.  I had a lot
of other things on my mind at the time so the computer location wasn't of
particular priority, but I do remember seeing it.

Jim Crider
jac73@dcx.com

PS: Driver was okay but his bank account no doubt took a major hit.  Car is
likely rebuildable.

DCX has no opinion on Corvette computers or Corvette inverted motoring.