Re: Radio Shack BTX-128 as worker radio?

To: "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Shack BTX-128 as worker radio?
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:40:29 -0400
Why don't you get Motorola Talkabouts? If you buy the deluxe models (maybe
$100 with headset ) you get plenty of channels, plenty of range. They run on
3 AA batteries all day. They are easily replaced, require no special
license, etc etc etc. Oh, you can find them at KMart, Walmart, Costco etc
Finally, since they are FRS radios folks may already have them personally so
they can listen in or add to the pool in an emergency.