Re: To all the 99+ Miata owners out there

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To all the 99+ Miata owners out there
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 18:13:46 -0700

Brian Berryhill wrote:

> Question:  Since a hitch requires holes to be mounted, is it illegal to
> remove your hitch for autox since you now have holes drilled in your car?  I
> took the hitch off once to repaint it, and its a bhitch to put back on.

Good question. I would think that leaving the mounting hardware in the
holes should more than compensate for the reduced weight of the holes.

> For wiring, someone should invent a wireless transmitter thing so you don't
> have to run wires.

You would have to transmit the power for the lights, or use a separate
battery, while still having to tap into the existing harness. All in all
more complicated than a dangling harness.

Randy Chase (what? Didn't I have months before nationals? What
happened?)
'91 MR2 cracked windshield, slightly slipping clutch, messed up idle,
needs bodywork and paint, forgot to order tires...but I will settle for
washing it before Topeka)