2000 Nats update #1

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000 Nats update #1
From: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 02:29:05 GMT
"Are there any events this weekend any where near Cincinnati, within a 4
hour drive or so.  I have a need to drive that needs fixed."

Good luck finding one.  It seems like every soloist in the country is
here in Topeka and it's only Saturday.  It was tough to find a paddock
space, I can't imagine what it will be like on Wed. afternoon.

The good news is I can call the 800 number at work to, um, check my work
msgs.  The bad news is that the Capitol Plaza has an ethernet connection
and I didn't bring my stupid dongle.  The weather is 86 deg and windy.
Slight chance of sprinkles later in the week.

Watched a little of the Pro Solo this afternoon but we didn't get a
chance to see the results.  Lot's of offsets, looked fun.  The surface
looks even more broken up than I remember.  We're doing the practice
event tomorrow, last years north course (normal direction).  The only
news I have to report is that John Engstrom nailed a cone on the
practice course today damaging the front wing of the AM car.  Sounds
like they're going to be doing some fiberglassing tomorrow.  Off to
watch the end of the Dover race.

Jeff Cashmore