Re: BSM/SM2

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: "Otto Crosser" <ottocrosser@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:49:10 EDT
>From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
>To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
>Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:34:03 -0400
>
><snip>
>
><<<Here's my proposal for SM "part 2":
>
>Entries must be production automobiles with current valid registration
>and plates. Tires must be approved by U.S. Department of Transportation
>for use on public roads.>>>
>
><snip>

What is to keep someone from modifying the car outside the law?  Just
because a car has a valid registration and plates does not mean that it is
street legal!  Not all localities test emissions or have visual inspections.
  The DOT tire approval already exists for stock and street prepared.  This
is not a new rule.  I don't understand how these can be of any importance.

                OTTO