Re: Banquet Longevity

To: "Moore, John" <jmoore@opentv.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Banquet Longevity
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:11:15 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Moore, John <jmoore@opentv.com>
To: 'autox@autox.team.net' <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, September 29, 2000 11:14 AM

> And after all, so far no one has complained about waiting for the
>Canadian National Anthem to play every morning, and that is lots longer
than
>1 minute. :) No Offense to those north of the border, I think it was nice
>that they honored the Canadian entries that way.

Count your blessings. Used to be, when we were in Salina, for the banquets
we had a color guard come in from the local military school while we played
the Star Spangled Bananas, and then for equal time the three Canadian
entrants would come to the dais and do O Canada a capella.

In Topeka, we seem to have eliminated that from the program.

--Rocky (alleged still a believer, but the occasional invocation is about my
only "worship" these days)