RE: Illegal tire warming???

To: "'Hottvr@aol.com'" <Hottvr@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Illegal tire warming???
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:29:10 -0500
Not only is the "wiggle" not illegal, it doesn't do a thing to warm up the
tires at the speeds at which we drive to the start line.  It may remove a
few rocks from the tires, but it sure as hell ain't warming them up.  And
the last time I checked it was still legal to remove rocks from your tires
prior to taking the green flag.

Geez, some people DO need to get a life.

On a related note, I was watching FSP at Nationals and saw a guy in a VW
Scirocco BLATANTLY spin his tires HARD on the way to the start line.  Right
in front of the entire grandstand of spectators.  he left a good 6 feet of
rubber marks too.  The starter was informed of this incident and said
something to the effect of "well what do you want me to do about it".

It's up to your class mates to "protest" these things.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."
Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)