Illegal tire warm ups?? According to what rules.....

To: kcautox@egroups.com, hottvr@tfs.net, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Illegal tire warm ups?? According to what rules.....
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 22:06:25 -0500
Hey folks,

Define Illegal tire warm ups?  The Solo II Rule Book p. 67 Sec.6.11 states
"Pre-heating of tires prior to competition by electrically heated covers or by
similar means is prohibited."  PERIOD!  No where in that section is it implied
or stated that driving to the start while weaving side to side IS tire
warming.  Therefore, for National, Divisional, and Regional events what
constitutes "tire warming" other than electrical means NEEDS to be defined in
the Supplementary Regulations before any penalties can be assessed.

Also,  If idling to the start line while weaving back and forth is a Safety
issue, it should be defined as such, and is NOT.

OKay, regions dig out Your Supplementary Regulations and read them.  Are there
any statements concerning "tire warm ups?"   If there are, what is the
specific
wording?  Please forward to me.  Regions stating a 5 mph restriction are not
with the real world.  How do you enforce that?  Do you have a radar gun and
screen every participant at all times? I do not think so..........You must NOT
have any prepareds or modifieds in your region at all!!  Those cars can NOT
idle at 5 mph.........Discrimination!!!!

I do not believe tires can be warmed with the "little wiggling to the start
line" but some rocks may be knocked off the front tires and the back tires
will
be cleaned at the start line....guaranteed!  Officials stating this person may
be DSQ can look forward to a charge of Discrimination if there is NO RULE in
the supplementary regulations stating the action was illegal.

Looking forward to lots of "Supplementary Rules" from regions or maybe NOT
:-),
Sam