RE: Autocross Community (was Re: Any Civil Engineers in the House

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Autocross Community (was Re: Any Civil Engineers in the House
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:03:23 -0500
> Almost anywhere you go you can find a community that has, as a
centerpiece,
> a golf course.  The homes are built all around the golf course.  Why not
> build a bunch of homes around a *H*U*G*E* parking lot and have an
> "autocross" community?????
>
> in HIS grace thru Jesus,
> Don >>

Why not combine with an airstrip community?  Normally used as an airstrip,
the autocrossers get to use it on the weekends.  Those people with planes
have some money... :)
==========================
Sayyyyyyy, that's not a bad idea.  Most planes sit idle in a hanger 99.95%
of the time.  We could hold events whenever we wanted to and if one of the
planes did actually want to take off we could simply halt the event for the
10 minutes or so that it takes them to taxi and take off.  Besides, they
could probably use the small additional income of us sub-leasing the lot.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com