Fwd:discussions list

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd:discussions list
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 02:46:29 EDT
--part1_82.125036c.271020c5_boundary

From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
To: Jkinser77@aol.com
Cc: vreihen@hotmail.com
Subject: Congratulations, you're the parent of two new lists
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 06:15:06 GMT

Jean,

Both lists have been created on egroups.com:

blank e-mail message to:

     evolution-announce-subscribe@egroups.com

or, create a free egroups.com user ID and then subscribe through
the web at:

     http://www.egroups.com/group/evolution-announce

As a third option, there is sample code on the egroups.com
web site to put a subscribe button or subscribe textbox right
onto the school's web site.  I can send the sample code to
autocross.com (or whoever is managing the school's site) if
you want me to.

I set this list's description to the following:

     Evolution Performance Driving School announcement list,
     for those interested in keeping up to date with school
     schedules and news.

     This is an announcement-only list.   For general
     discussions, please see the evolution-discussions
     egroup.

     For information on the school, please visit
     http://www.autocross.com/mckameyschool/ .

If you want to change it, you can either let me know or go to
http://www.egroups.com/ , sign in as "Jkinser77@aol.com", password
"autox", pick the group, and make the change.

evolution-discussions@egroups.com is an unmoderated (open)
discussion list, similar to Team.Net.  Anyone can join,
participate, or use the additional egroups.com features
such as the group calendar.  It can also be accessed through
the web, saving the casual reader from being swamped with
e-mail.  All messages are archived and searchable, which is
another neat feature.

To subscribe to evolution-discussions, people should send a
blank e-mail message to:

     evolution-discussions-subscribe@egroups.com

or, create a free egroups.com user ID and then subscribe through
the web at:

     http://www.egroups.com/group/evolution-discussions

A subscribe button and/or subscribe textbox for this list
can also be integrated into the school's web site if you
want to.

I STRONGLY recommend that you write a precise list description.
It will wind up being the charter of the group, and you
probably want everyone to know from the beginning what you
envision this list to be.

Let me know if/when you want me to post announcements about
either of these lists to Team.Net.  It's basically just a matter
of cutting most of the above information and copying it
verbatim.  I think that the most important one right now
is the announce list, since it will silence the whiners.....

--part1_82.125036c.271020c5_boundary--