Runoffs

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Runoffs
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:03:58 -0400
Mike B wrote:

> How about that FC race. Was that a deal or what!!! Ice on the track at a SCCA
> road race??? Thats not something that happens all the time, is it????

It was a deal. I was there, standing on the mound on the outside of the
track inside turn 13.

Actually I'm not totally convinced about the ice. It was just really
cold, and got fairly wet. Probably plenty greasy enough  to feel like
ice. During the pace lap I started getting pelted with sleet. Oh boy.
Then that changed to gloppy almost but not quite frozen raindrops. Then
that stopped and the track was part wet, part dry. Let's just say those
guys had really interesting track condition to deal with. It was lucky
they never got any heavy precipitation. There was the occasional light
spitting mist now and then, but by the time GT1 hit the track thing were
getting pretty dry. Just seriously damned cold. I left gloves in the car
and was sorry I forgot them.

In the GP race there was a guy in  a Fiat (#7) which was a totally open
cockpit roadster, with an open face helmet. I figure he'll be able to
feel his face again later this week.

JLE