Announcement: Evolution announcement/discussion lists up

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Announcement: Evolution announcement/discussion lists up
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:02:03 GMT
In order to lighten the Evolution School announcement traffic
here on Team.Net, I have worked with Jean to create the
following two lists on egroups.com:

evolution-announce
evolution-discussions

The evolution-announce list will be useful to those who
want a heads-up to when Evolution Schools are being scheduled.
In my experience, they fill up before the paper flyers are
printed in some cases, and this list will be valuable to
getting a jump on the rush when a new school is scheduled.

The Evolution-discussions list is going to be the place to
discuss all aspects of going faster, in a positive, friendly
environment.  There was some interesting suspension theory
discussion over the weekend, the type that you save or
print out and re-read every few weeks.

You have a few options for participating in these forums.
The easiest is to sign up for your free egroups.com user
ID, which will allow you to view the two forums via the
web.  This is the only way to view the archives or use
the calendar, file exchange, or chat room features. Both
forums are supposed to be listed under Sports | Auto Racing |
Autocross , but I don't see them there at the moment.

http://www.egroups.com/

Speaking of chat rooms, I'm about to post a poll on
evolution-discussions asking which weeknight would be
best for a regularly-scheduled group chat.  I've got
an idea that I'm going to suggest to Jean for using
the chat facility, and I guarantee that you'll want
to stay tuned for further information.

If you're web-impaired or just like good, old-fashioned
e-mail like me, you can still join either of these
forums just like an e-mail discussion list.  Simply
send an e-mail message to either

evolution-announce-subscribe@egroups.com

          -or-

evolution-discussions-subscribe@egroups.com

with the word "subscribe" as the only text in the message.
You'll get a confirmation message back via e-mail within
a minute or so, which simply needs to be replied back to
and you're all set to go.  The message submission address
for the discussion list is: evolution-discussions@egroups.com .

This message was posted as a public service to those many
Team.Net members that been bombarding both Jean and
myself with private e-mail asking how to join these new
lists.  The first person that accuses ME of spamming to
Team.Net will feel the wrath of the Cabal's (TINC) black
helicopters..... :-)

-Arthur ("Don't shoot the messenger" edition.)