Re: Why?

To: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Why?
From: Kat Bryce <katbryce@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:27:55 -0400
Ben, et all...

Please be clear on this...

Gulf Coast Autocrossers(GCAC) is NOT hosting the Florida State
Championship.  The event was announced, not the first announcement btw,
by a member of Gulf Coast Autocrossers on behalf of the club hosting it.

Gulf Coast Autocrossers DID host the SCCA Pro Solo last year.  The club
hosting the Florida State Championships DID NOT.

Gulf Coast Autocrossers is a independent club that utilized a core of
very dedicated workers to completely put on events.  The fact that the
announcement for events from TWO SEPARATE clubs came from the same
individual should not be a criticism of the hard work GCAC does for the
autocross community.

I too am upset that the SEDIV series has had such bad luck, but I feel
pointing so much blame at one club, deserved or not, is inappropriate.

Further, if a divisional held in the Southern hub of the United States,
Atlanta, fears from an event held 667 miles away for a fall in
attendance, then maybe it's time the SEDIV SCCA took a good look at what
they could do to change.  This is Atlanta, you should be turning
competitors away!  Don't take low attendance out on an innocent club.

Kat Bryce
Just enjoying GCAC and NOT a member, just an outside observer looking
in.