Streetable Autox Cars (Was: Re: Stock Class Question)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Streetable Autox Cars (Was: Re: Stock Class Question)
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 05:03:07 -0500
Since moving down here to 'Bama and seeing some of the tube frame dune
buggies that are running around on the highways, I sincerely believe you
could build a competitive AM car that would be street legal, here.

Lets see if I can remember what the drivers' manual said you need:
headlights, one taillight, one brake light, a windshield, and a muffler
that prevents backfires.  Even gun racks are optional.  ;^)

I suppose treaded tires would be desirable on the street, but there is
no auto safety inspection required here.  The manual does recommend
having your car inspected by a competent mechanic at least yearly.

Chuck (living among rugged individualists can be both inspiring and
disconcerting at the same time) Schultz

--
Chuck Schultz     /                       Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com
                 / New Home page: http://www.n2pua4.webprovider.com/