RE: Can I reinforce my Miata broken sway bar mounts?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Can I reinforce my Miata broken sway bar mounts?
From: "Brad Snakenberg" <bsnake@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:30:52 -0400
Just an update.. Thanks to all who responded.

I received two responses stating that the SEC has clarified 13.7a to say
"Stock: Substitute sway bar mounts (brackets) are permitted under 13.7.A,
but lateral members which tie them together are not". I plan to install the
stronger brackets from Mazda Competition Parts. My alternative would be to
buy the kit from Racing Beat and not use the cross brace that comes with it.
I think it would help some, but not much. This way I'd only have to replace
one of my mounts, since the other one isn't broken.

I also received two responses stating that these mounts get broken because
of the sway bar hitting the control arms, so I plan to inspect this further
and if that's what is happening, install adjustable end links and adjust bar
some to avoid this.

The bar I'm using is a 1-inch 2-position bar and I'm not sure of the vendor
because it was already on the car when I got it. I have it set to the
stiffer setting.

Brad Snakenberg
92 Miata White b-pkg
bsnake@usa.net

> I'm in CS class and am fairly new to Miatas. I understand these cars have
> trouble with breaking the sway bar mounts, and mine is a victim of this.
Is