re: Importance Safety Notice (Saturn Owners)

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Importance Safety Notice (Saturn Owners)
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:56:55 -0400
> If you or anyone you know has replaced their Saturn rear hubs/bearings with
> non-OE replacements within the past year, be sure they see this:
>
> http://www.vsm.skf.com/usa/safety/
>
> Remember the Saturn that broke a hub at Nationals this year?  It was one of
> these hubs.

I'm not sure, but was that Bryan Hull? I had heard that he had a problem
when he got up on two wheels and came down hard.

At the last NWOR event in Fostoria October 1, Bryan ran in STS. I was
behind the car that was sitting at the line waiting to start, after
Bryan was clear ahead of him, when the grid guy came by gesturing to
shut down. Bryan had gone through one corner and heading into the second
he broke the recently replaced RR hub and the wheel bid farewell.

Hopefully the hub he replaced THAT one with was not the same. I don't
have an email address for him, but will try to chase him down in case he
hasn't heard about this.

JLE