RE: Final Post - STS Tire rules

To: "'Roger Johnson'" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>,
Subject: RE: Final Post - STS Tire rules
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:23:46 -0500
Conclusion:
  This rush & desire to have STS as a National class needs consideration
and contemplation, especially in those rules areas that will most certainly
lead to significant conflict.  Far better to wait & do it right, than to
rush
in and leave cleaning up the resulting mess to others.

Dive in at your own peril.

  Some of you are akin to a bunch of college football players, lined up
to screw the homecoming queen - knowing in advance she has an STD.
<vbg>

R2
==============================
As we speak a "real" set of rules are being presented to the STAC and the
SEB for their consideration for the 2001 season.  Sure , we (STS) may fall
prey to your predictions of loophole exploiters.  That's life.  You simply
can not idiot-proof everything.  Hell, they're still trying to figure out a
way to stop folks from cutting holes into their interior panels so the Stock
Class RX-7 guys can adjust their rear shocks.  We _are_ trying to have the
rules written with as few loopholes as possible and with the wishes of the
persons running in the class kept in mind.

The participation number speak for themselves both regionally and
nationally.  With National's attendance levels rivaling many older classes
the ST classes/categories should be offered as full fledged "jacket"
classes.  So what exactly is it about STS that scares you so much?  Surely
another couple of jackets isn't going to break the Rally/Solo department's
budget.  ;^)

Now, where's that homecoming queen?  I've got protection!!!  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it."
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - Life's Little Treasure Book, on wisdom