Re: Older ponycars in ESP

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Older ponycars in ESP
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:32:01 -0500
Riehle's 1970 Camaro still thumps ESP when it shows up.
The thing is very fast. Not M3 fast, but fast :-)   The
old ponycars aren't dead yet in ESP, they just don't
show up as often........

> If you want to petition the SEB to move 60's ponycars
out of ESP, I'll
> support it. Unfortunately, FSP is nearly as slow as
ESP, and it may be
> the case that 60's ponycars wouldn't be competitive
there either.

<Dominic.Maraglia@nike.com>
> Date sent:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:02:10 -0800
>
> I have been lurking on the list here for awhile and
reading the "M3 in ESP
> complaints" for sometime now.  I am not really sure
if ESP is the right
> place for the M3; however, I think the M3 is not any
more misclassified then
> many other cars.
> For example, in '96-97 I ran my '67 Mustang in ESP --
while my car was not
> prepared to the full extent of ESP rules, it was far
more prepared than many
> nearly stock '96-'97Camaro's, and AWD Talons.  My car
was hopelessly
> outclassed by these newer cars -- 5.7 liter injected,
350 hp, 6 speed
> tranmissions, huge tire capacities, modern brakes,
steering, suspension,