Hi, my name is James. I'm a (tire) doper. Rocky is my supplier.

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hi, my name is James. I'm a (tire) doper. Rocky is my supplier.
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:44:10 -0600
I've used Rocky's stuff on old tires with limited success.  I've used it on
newer harder compound tires with better success than on old R1's.  While
working the CART Houston Grand Prix, I had the chance to speak with one of the
tire providers representative.  He told me that once upon a time a nameless
team was protested for having way too much traction.  When they broke down the
tires at the vendor rig, Rocky's stuff came pouring out.  Seems that the
competitor had injected the juice through the valve stem and the tread was made
much stickier while the sidewall didn't lose much, if any, stiffness.  I
personally haven't tried the injection, yet, but will this spring.  Depends on
if I want to use the same tire mounting service after the test.  ;-)

Yes, I tried treated vs. untreated at the same event.  Less than .5 seconds,
but that's a long way to make up in Solo.

YMMV

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller