Divisional & Champion of Champion info

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com, evolution-discussions@egroups.com,
Subject: Divisional & Champion of Champion info
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:30:28 -0500
OK everybody, listen up. We need your undivided attention! Here is some
important information about the Atlanta Southeast Divisional this weekend
at Turner Field.

Friday night Registration and Tech (6-8 PM) will be held at The Stadium
Inn which is located next to The Hampton Inn. These hotels are located
between the stadium and the interstate on the side road that parallels
the interstate. This is to the South of where we usually run in the Green
Lot.

Please IF POSSIBLE, get registered and teched on Friday. This will free
up our crew on Saturday morning late registration to better serve
competitors who couldn't make it on Friday.

For Friday's TECH INSPECTION it isn't required that you have your race
tires mounted on the car, but they need to be at TECH so they can be
inspected. Don't forget to bring your helmet, too. It also isn't required
that you take all the stuff out of your car. This will make your
preparations for TECH a lot easier.

Remember that we will be competing in the Blue Lot where our last 2
events were held. Since several other organizations will be using other
parts of Turner Field getting to the site may be different than you are
used to using.

Coming from the South get off I-75/85 on the Stadium / Abernathy exit
(one exit before Fulton Street). Take a left at the stop sign. You'll
drive right by the event hotel to a traffic light (Abernathy). Go
straight through the intersection. You will see the Green lot on your
right where the old stadium was located. Go past the Green lot and turn
right at the next entrance into the lower part of the Blue Lot.

Coming from the North get off on the Fulton Street exit. Turn Left on
Fulton Street, get in the right lane and prepare to enter the Blue Lot
from Fulton Street. NOTE: this only applies if you are entering the site
BEFORE the event starts. After the event starts, you will need to turn
right at Fulton Street, go to the first intersection, turn left, go to
Abernathy, turn left go under the freeway and turn left at the light, go
past the Green Lot and enter the lower entrance into the Blue Lot. The
reason for all this is that Hank Aaron Boulevard will be closed for a
Heart Walk.

PLEASE NOTE: that the Run / Work order that I sent out, earlier, may be
changed according to the drivers that actually show up for the event. The
reason I say this is that it is REAL important that ALL competitors be at
the site early on Saturday morning just in case your class is running
differently than published earlier.

The Saturday Schedule is:

6:30 - 9:15 AM  Course Setup and Walking
7:30 - 8:45 AM  Late Registration / Tech Inspection
9:15- 9:45 AM   Driver's Meeting / Assign Workers
9:45 - 4:30 PM  Heat 1-4 Competition
4:30 - dark     Tear down course and pack up

Sunday, we expect to see a number of people show up to run for one day
only for fun runs and for the Atlanta Region SCCA Champion of Champions
trophy. If that is your situation, be on-site and ready to run at 7:00
AM. We'll squeeze in a late Registration and Tech just for you people.

Sunday's schedule:

6:30 - 8:15 AM  Course Setup and Walking
8:15 - 8:45 AM  Driver's Meeting / Assign Workers
8:45 - 3:45 PM  Heat 1-4 Competition
3:45 - 4:15 PM  Course & Site Cleanup
4:15 PM         BFG Team T/A Trophy Awards / Champion of Champions crowned

A note to all 2000 Atlanta Region Champions. Your Sunday times will be
handicapped using the RTP Index (most feel this index better reflects
results on asphalt). The current 1999 champion (Rich Shafer) will turn
the trophy over to the new champ.

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA