Re: ax-digest V1 #370

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ax-digest V1 #370
From: Jester097@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:12:22 EST
The factory spec allows for .010" shave on the head, this is in the case of
heads that need to be decked for flatness... .010" is the max clearance the
FSM will allow although this *can* be doubled up (not legal i know, wouldnt
do it anyways).  And factory spec on the crank is a normal service procedure,
as is a 3-angle valve job (they come that way from the factory).  Oh yeah the
machining of hte piston domes was to get rid of sharp edges on the piston
surface... slightly lowering compression but giving a better surface for
combustion/flame front travel... sharp edges really like to screw with fluid
flow.

-Ryan
92 Saturn SC/DSP