Neon Tire Question

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neon Tire Question
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 06:27:14 -0700
Having been away from Neons for a few years (and now getting back in),
I'm wondering what the favored tire make and size is these days for the
D Stock Neons?

I ran a 96 ACR when the BFG R-1's were king, but it does not exist
anymore. I see in the National results that BFG's were on the winning
Neons, but other cars in other lower horsepower stock classes also used
Hoosier (C Stock, B Stock) and Kumhos (G Stock).

The winning cars in these classes also have to suffer with 6" rims.  :-)

So - which way to go? I know that there are personal preferences, but
there are also some absolutes too.

For instance, can the 225 Kumho BFG or Hoosier be used with the 6" rims
these days, or is the 205 tire the maximum that will work on that sized
rim? Stuff like that.

Thanks for all information and advice.

Scott Meyers