Jimmy Buffett's Tribute to Dale

To: "Wheel 2 Wheel" <WHEELTOWHEEL@RACER.NET>,
Subject: Jimmy Buffett's Tribute to Dale
From: "HEYWARD WAGNER" <h_kenyon@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:57:35 -0500
Team Underdog made it's annual pilgrimage to a Jimmy Buffett concert last
night.  After the second song of the night Jimmy suggested to the crowd that
we take the number three for another run around the track.  He then said "
heroes are hard to come by" and played "Take another road".  Being a
Parrothead I can tell you that the song was originally written about a
Cowboy who lost his job and headed for the ocean.  I have seen the song
played a few times and it always has included a video of a cowboy with a
horse on the beach.  About half way through the song the video changed to
Earnheart's career highlights, and shots of him pushing the car etc.  It was
one of the most powerful moments I have ever witnesses and the first time it
the whole thing really hit me.

Here are some of the words to the song

Never look back, that was his plan
run my pony in the sand