It's TIME!!!! IMPORTANT Atlanta info

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: It's TIME!!!! IMPORTANT Atlanta info
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:30:37 +0000
Allright everybody, get geared up for the Atlanta Region 2001 Solo2
series in just 10 days! (March 17 & 18)

Listen up because I have some VERY important information for you that
will smooth the way for your fun at our events.

1. We will be running all year on the Orange and Gold lots. To get there
take the "Fulton Street" Exit off of I-75/85 in downtown Atlanta. Go East
after the exit ramp, cross over Hank Aaron Boulevard then take your first
right just past the Orange lot. Follow that road to the second entrance
into the Orange and Gold lots on your right.

2. Please notice that we are starting EARLIER this year. Morning session
registration and tech starts at 7:30 AM and only goes for 1 hour. We plan
to have the first car on course by 9:30 or earlier. The reason we are
doing this is to make sure everyone gets 4 runs. So, please cooperate by
getting to the event site on time.

3. There will be 2 registration lines at our new Solo2 headquarters. The
one on your left is for drivers whose information is already in our
computer. We call this the "Express" line. You DO NOT need to fill out
any forms to go through this line. You and your car information will
remain the same as the last time you ran with us.

The lane on your right is for drivers who have filled out an Entry Form,
a Change of Information Form and all Novice entrants. Essentially, this
is the "paper" line. You can stay out of this line (except for Novices)
by pre-registering on-line at:

<atl-scca.org>

or making your changes by sending an email to Steve Woerner at:

<mapper@att.net>.

All entrants must have their Driver's License and payment ready (checks
made out to Atlanta Region SCCA) when they get to the front of the line.
Entry fees are $25 for SCCA members and $30 for non-members.

SCCA members my purchase season passes at the March 17 or March 18
events, only. The Fun and all points event pass is $240 and the points
events only pass is $200 (Those who join SCCA, for the first time, at the
site and purchase a season pass get a $20 discount). You may also
purchase these passes up to the end of this week (by March 10th) by
sending a check made out to Atlanta Region SCCA and mail it to:

Tere Pulliam
2772 Cliffview Drive
Lilburn, GA 30047

4. There will be 2 grids this year. Grid A and Grid B. We are doing this
to speed the transition between heats. We are doing away with grid space
assignments. However, the 2-driver cars have a separate place at the end
closest to the parking area for them. Single driver cars may grid in any
other space on the appropriate grid.

5. Morning session drivers will have their cars teched on grid. First run
group cars are gridded on Grid A and Second run group cars are gridded on
Grid B. This will speed the start of the event as all morning session
cars are already gridded before the morning session begins.

6. We are working on a plan to change course workers "on-the-fly." Stay
tuned for specific details about how this will be accomplished. The
reason for this is to shorten our event day to further guarantee you
getting at least 4 runs a day. This also greatly enhances the possibility
of "Fun runs" at the end of the day. So, your cooperation is key to
making this all work.

7. We will send a "Driver's Meeting" email to everyone before the event.
Please print it out and have it with you. For those of you NOT on this
list, copies will be available at Registration. This will be in place of
a driver's meeting, so please read it carefully.

8. Arjun Soundararajan - Novice Chief - has lots of plans to make our
events much more friendly to novices. He will be manning the Novice tent
at all events. Novices need to check in at the tent, to get your car
number and to get your questions answered BEFORE going to registration or
tech inspection. Novices, please ask the person at the waiver station for
the "Novice Packet' of information if you have never run this type of
event before.

Below, please find more information and our schedule as well as the
run/work order.

Atlanta Region SCCA 2001 Solo II Series
(Pre-register on-line at atl-scca.org)

Atlanta Region SCCA has made some changes for the 2001 season. We now
will run 5 groups (2 morning and 3 afternoon). All drivers who want to
compete for class points must run during their regular class time. Note
the changes in run/work order because of the 5 run group format.
Competitors will run/work with their own class. The run/work "heats" will
be rotated each event (see the run/work schedule above the calendar).

7 Session Procedures                            Morning         Afternoon
(approx. times)
7 Course set-up                                 7:00 - 8:30
7 Registration                                  7:30 - 8:30     11:00 - 12:15
7 Tech                                          7:30 -  8:45    11:00 - 12:30
7 Novice meeting / Course walk                  9:00            12:30
7 Work assignments for first session            9:15            12:45
7 Run Sessions (approximately)                  9:30 - 12:00    1:00 - 5:30
7 Course tear-down
at end of event

7 Event Supplemental Regulations
7 All entrants must work one group for every group they run.
7 Out-of-town and Novice entrants will be allowed to run the morning or
afternoon session. However, out-of-town drivers running for class points
MUST run with their designated class.
7 Drivers may run an additional set of runs for "Time Only" AFTER their
class runs for points if they pay an additional entry fee.
7 Entry fees paid at the site are $25 for SCCA members and $30 for
non-members.  A season pass may be purchased at or before the first event
of the season for $200 for all 10 points events or $240 for all points
events and the two fun events. Make checks out to Atlanta Region SCCA and
mail to: Tere Pulliam; 2772 Cliffview Drive; Lilburn, GA 30047

2001 Solo II Series Schedule

Run/work heats (includes corresponding ladies' classes)

Blue Group:  SS, AS, FS, BSP, ESP, BP, CP
Orange Group: ST, STR, SM
Red Group:  BS, ASP, CSP, DSP, FSP
Green Group:  CS, DS, ES, HS, AP, EP, DP, FP, Fjr
Yellow Group:  GS, OSP, AM, BM, CM, DM, EM, FM, F125

The following run/work schedule will be followed throughout the season.
All events will be held at Turner Field in downtown Atlanta unless
otherwise noted.

   Date           Event                         Run/Work Order

Morning - Run order - 1, 2      Work order - 2, 1
Afternoon - Run order -1, 2, 3; Work order - 3, 1, 2      Rest order - 2, 3,
1

March 17        Warm-up / Practice              Morning - 1.Yellow, 2.Blue
                                        Afternoon - 3.Green, 4.Orange, 5.Red

March 18        Points #1:                      Morning - 1.Blue, 2.Green
                                        Afternoon - 3.Orange, 4.Red, 5.Yellow

April 7         Autocross School / Dial-In

April 8         Points #2:                      Morning - 1.Green, 2.Orange
                                        Afternoon - 3.Red, 4.Yellow, 5.Blue

April 29                Points #3                       Morning - 1.Orange,
2.Red
                                        Afternoon -3.Yellow, 4.Blue, 5.Green

June 9          LTBMotorsport.com #1    Summer Saturday Shootout-head to head
competition

June 10         Points #4                       Morning - 1.Red, 2.Yellow
                                        Afternoon - 3.Blue, 4.Green, 5. Orange

June 23         Points #5                       Morning - 1.Yellow, 2.Blue
                                        Afternoon - 3.Green, 4.Orange, 5.Red

June 24         Points #6                       Morning - 1.Blue, 2.Green
                                        Afternoon - 3.Orange, 4.Red, 5.Yellow

July 7          LTBMotorsport.com #2    Summer Saturday Shootout-head to head
competition

July 8          Points #7                       Morning - 1.Green, 2.Orange
                                        Afternoon - 3.Red, 4.Yellow, 5.Blue

Aug 18          LTBMotorsport.com #3    Summer Saturday Shootout-head to head
competition

Aug 19          Points #8                       Morning - 1.Orange, 2.Red
                                        Afternoon - 3.Yellow, 4.Blue, 5.Green

Aug 24-26       Perry                   Details TBA

September 22    Points #9                       Morning - 1.Red, 2.Yellow
                                        Afternoon - 3.Blue, 4.Green, 5.Orange

September 23    Points #10                      Morning - 1.Yellow, 2.Blue
                                        Afternoon - 3.Green, 4.Orange, 5.Red

November 4      Champion of Champions

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports