And strut tower legality in SP...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: And strut tower legality in SP...
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:52:55 -0600
I've got a rear strut tower bar on my FSP Civic DX.  Problem is, I had to cut
two small holes in the plastic body panels in order for the bar to reach the
strut towers.  After much reading of the rules, I'm thinking this may not be
legal since I "altered" the interior.  Am I correct in my suspicion?

I doubt this would ever hit me on the local/regional level, but I'm doing the
Ft. Worth NT in a few weeks and I want to be sure of my legality for the class.
 BTW, it's a custom (steel) strut tower bar that's strong enough to handle my
harness attachment.  If it's not legal I'll need to make necessary changes to
alter the mounting point for my harness.  That's why I need to know beforehand.
 Thanks!

-brad