RE: Rusted on rotors

To: <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>, "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rusted on rotors
From: "Michael McAvoy" <thedoc@premier1.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:03:29 -0800
I don't know about Neons, but there is a good way to do it on Toyotas ('86
MR2, '90 Supra, at least).

Between two wheel studs, there is a small threaded hole in the rotor, that
just happens to fit the bolt that holds the caliper on.  Thread the bolt in,
and then use a ratchet on it.  It will hit the hub, and crack the rotor
loose!  Just turn it enough to crack it, if you keep going, the hub-centric
part will bind up.

If you're removing the disk, you already have removed that bolt, hence the
tool is always handy.  :)

Again, don't know if any other cars have this feature...

- Michael McAvoy