RE: [evolution-disc.] Hey STS neon folks...

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Hey STS neon folks...
From: knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:34:52 -0600
I was unaware of any confusion that required clarification regarding the
Auto TB swap.  I purchased one way last year for just such a swap this year
in STS.

I guess I'm a little confused.  Is the SEb saying that the swap is not
legal?

As I read the rules (completely unbiased I assure you  ;^) it's a completely
legal swap.  The difference between the two TBs was NEVER one of emissions
but rather one of off-idle "jumpiness" when originally available on the
manual tranny cars as reported by folks who wanted a smoother
running/launching car.  These WERE once original equipment items on manual
tranny Neons so again I see it as a perfectly legal U/B per the SP rules.

So what's the scoop, is it a legal swap?  It was last year.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net