Re: Speed Creep... Foster saves us again

To: pfoster@tampabay.rr.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Creep... Foster saves us again
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:53:07
"Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > Arthur, next time you come to Florida to finish 8th in class
> > out of 18 cars let me know and I'll meet you on grid.

I only have one point to make, Paul.  AT LEAST I WAS THERE!!!
That's *everyone's* point with you.  You're quick to add
your opinions about events and issues when you weren't even
there to see them.  If you were at Fort Myers (or even looked
at more than the left column of the results), you would have
noticed that I was at the tail end of the lead pack, and only
0.248 seconds away from that elusive ProSolo trophy.  Oh,
and I have never claimed to be an autocross god, and will
freely admit to my ProSolo hall-of-shame 7 DFL's in a row.
Why???  Because I was there at the events!  Where were YOU???

Just as an FYI, I've competed in 8 autocrosses (4 ProSolos)
in the state of Florida, and have yet to meet you.  Even more
interesting, I've run three autocrosses in the very city
(Orlando) where you claim to live.  [If you want to see
what an Orlando autocross trophy looks like, I'll take a
picture of the *two* first-place ones sitting on my shelf
for you.]  The last time that I was there, I was even greeted
at the registration table by name!  Not bad for somebody who
lives 1195 miles away from their site.  When I asked the people
at registration to point out "Paul Foster" when he arrived,
they looked at me funny and said "Paul who???"  Again, I ask.
Where were YOU???

I really do feel bad for that poor guy in Witchita that has to
go to events and say that he's not *that* Paul Foster.....

-Arthur ("Ran more autocrosses in Florida than Paul Foster" edition.)