Re: Need help classing Lotus

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need help classing Lotus
From: REPilfold@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:27:53 EDT
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

> In San Francisco Region, we have Open Street Prepared, where you can run
> anything that is or has been registered for street use, anywhere in the
> world.  But I don't believe it needs to be a National class.
>
> Charlie Davis

Why not, Charlie? We still call your OSP "Street Mod." down here and it's a
damn fine class. It's fast, loud (in the nicest way), always competitive, and
certainly never boring. Why not make it a national class? I certainly don't
see the new, SCCA ,four door, non sports car ancestry, SM wannabes, ever
equaling the excitement of CSCC's Street Mod. or your OSP. And, as drag
racing proved, it pays to follow the axiom "If people want to play it. Give
them a place to play"
Richard Pilfold
To win is nice, to race is enough.
Giancarlo Reggazoni