Re: Big Brother is watching

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "gs96" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:43:31 -0400
I can't speak for others but when I'm autocrossing I'm
amazed my car *does* hold together.   I see little, if
any, relationship between the stresses of autocrossing
and those of street driving.   Street driving has it's
own stressors, but autocrossing with R-compound tires
can push suspension components far harder than even
spirited street driving.

Running your Z06 (or whatever) to redline isn't going
to void your warranty.  Downshifting from fourth gear
to first gear at 70 mph certainly could. I can
miss-shift  with the best of them but I'm not going to
hold GM responsible if my engine decides not to play
along.

Kent Rafferty

> well said.  I don't see how autocross is so different
from daily driving
> that a regular car shouldn't be able the stress of
autocross without
> falling apart, especially one that is new enough to
still be under warranty?