RE: [ax] What's the hot F/S Setup

To: <autox@lists.f-body.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [ax] What's the hot F/S Setup
From: "Sam Strano" <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 00:02:24 -0400
>-----Original Message-----
>From: autox-admin@lists.f-body.org
>[mailto:autox-admin@lists.f-body.org]On Behalf Of Brian Burdette
>Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 11:35 PM
>To: autox@lists.f-body.org
>Subject: Re: [ax] What's the hot F/S Setup

Basically anything that has been since the early 90's, is *still*
competitive.  :-)

The Kozlak's and Kevin Youngers have proven that the 3rd gen cars can still
do the deed.

The car Pat won in('95 single cat., 275 hp version) is owned by Diane
Lapusnak.  Mike Johnson has shown that the car is fully capable of winning
the class.

I bought a 2001.  Everyone thinks it's because it has more torque.  Not
really.  I don't mind it, but it's really not useable in FS.  I just wanted
a new car.  I did consider converting my '91 back to FS trim.  I decided I
didn't want to put up with any questions of legality.....  :-)

2000 Camaro's were 1st and 4th in Topeka last year (and 4th was a WHOPPING 2
tenths out of the win).
Chris Lindberg was a VERY close second in his old '96 Cobra.
Youngers was 3rd (I think) in his boost buggy (I mean Turbo T/A)

There are Firebirds out there..... A friend of mine bought an '01 Formula.
It's setup just like my car, and just as quick.  And Dean won in '98 in a
Formula.

As for the setups:

4th gen cars.......

I pretty much know what the entire world has on their cars.  I've helped
setup a few of them too.    I currently have Koni's with an ST 35mm sway
bar.
I have valved Bilstein's which I acutally prefer on pre-98 cars vs. the
Koni's.

Some folks use a 1LE front bar on the 4th gen.  Some use an Addco solid 32.
I ran my car with the stock 30mm, the 32 1LE, and the 35 ST bars.  I love
the big bar.  Mike and Diane have it on the 95, and he's been tearing it up.
FWIW.

3rd gens........

shocks.  Your done.  :-)

Let me know if I can help you out....taken enough bandwidth, I think.

Sam Strano  ('91 1LE, 2001 Z28)
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831
www.stranoparts.com