Topeka Hotels

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Topeka Hotels
From: "Howell, Brett (4149)" <brett.howell@esavio.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:23:23 -0400
Alright, its that time again, to drag the old Topeka Hotel thread out and
run it through the machine one more time.

I am looking for feedback on hotels for the week of Nationals. I have
already perused the reviews of Topeka accomodations (thanks Rocky et. al.).

I stayed at the Raceway Inn in '98, which was convenient, very affordable
and staffed with friendly people. Not quiet the level of comfort and
cleanliness I want to subject my wife and 1 year old daughter this time,
though.

This time I need to find some place that will provide an abundance of peace,
safety, and escape from the week's activities for my family. I definitely
want a suite with a kitchenette for comfort and convenience. I am interested
in anyone's opinion or experience with Candlewood Suites (off I-470 at the
Wanamaker Road exit). Anyone found them to be rude, in bad repair, unsafe,
unclean, noisy, or any other characteristics that would lead one to want to
avoid staying there?

FWIW, I plan to leave the car at Forbes and commute in the tow vehicle, so
trailer accomodations and safety are not primary concerns (although a
parking lot that does not provide much safety for a car on a trailer is
probably not going to provide the type of safety I want for my family
either).

Thanks in advance.

J. Brett Howell
113 FSP