Civic Si vs. Imprezza (was Re: Hot Civic's Going Cheap Civic

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, "Teamdotnet"
Subject: Civic Si vs. Imprezza (was Re: Hot Civic's Going Cheap Civic
From: "Eric Marshall" <noviceautoxer@home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:18:32 -0500
That's not entirely correct the WRX retails over there for #17,723 ($24947) a
far cry from the (up to) #9000($12668) more as the
article suggests.  Unfortunately, there is #3,771($5308 - Ouch!) in tax that
must be paid to get the WRX on the road in the UK and
I'll bet the Civic Si is similar...
http://www.subaru.co.uk/mshow/ni_models/imprezaprices.htm

In my opinion that makes the new Civic Si rather spendy (I still recall when I
bought my '89si for something like $10,800!).
ERIC