RE: Best Seats for US Formula 1

To: "'Team.nut'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Best Seats for US Formula 1
From: "Howard, Brent" <Brent.Howard@searbrown.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:59:19 -0400
Bob,

Last year we were in the Paddock seats near the start/finish line, and
directly across from the podium.  The best part about these seats in the
cold rain last year was that they were under a roof (it did tend to make
things LOUD though).  We also had a great view of the pre-race and race
action in the pits, and there was a big screen TV in front of us so you
could see what was going on elsewhere on track.  This year we've gotten
tickets a bit more toward the north (Turn 1), but still under the roof -
hopefully will give us a better view of the first few turns.

Didn't get a chance to check out other seating areas, but we were quite
happy where we were, especially with not-so-diehard wives whose desire to be
at the race would have diminished quickly if we had been getting wet.

One other note - bring anything you think you might need in with you the
first time - no re-admittance.  I'd left a spare sweatshirt in the car, not
realizing how cold Indiana can be at the end of September...  Oh well - once
the cars are gridded you forget about the cold anyway ;-)

Brent
#79 DS MoHud Region

>I have a friend in Indy who can get me a couple of tickets for the
September
>F1 race, but he doesn't (nor I) know what are some of the better seats.
Can