re: Kart thread

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Kart thread
From: "Dan Morency" <DMorency@gwi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:02:03 -0400
Almost everyone has forgotten that the 4 cycle karts have a series of
restrictor plates that are supposed to be used to de-rate the box stock 5 HP
Briggs engine. An 8 year old runs a plate that is .425 dia. in a throttle
bore of .900... No way that a properly restricted 8 year old should be able
to run with his/her older sibling if properly restricted. To index them you
would need index's for each restrictor plate dia. .425, .500, .575 and for
the WKA class that allows modified Briggs engines I think it is called Stock
appearance? I don't have a set of the rules but they don't allow younger
drivers to use un-de-rate engines.

Dan Morency