RE: Lodging in Topeka- Candlewood Suites

To: <WHEELSPNR@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lodging in Topeka- Candlewood Suites
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:09:00 -0700
> Has anyone any knowledge of the Candlewood Suites on SW Henderson ?
>
> Curious if it's a new, old or retrofitted property ... and
> nightly rates ....
>  help me out here ......  any topekerites familiar with it?

Based on the info I received, I reserved a week there. The rates are very
good, specially for a double bed room. They have VCRs and CD players. The
property is new. It's located in the Wanamaker area. Rooms include a
kitchenette. They are designed for people with longer stay plans.

The one downside that does not bother me is that they do not have daily maid
service. I can make my own bed.

My room was $62.10 per night for two beds. I just checked and the quoted
rates are now higher, but they include a $100 Amazon gift certificate after
4 nights. The rate I see is $75.67 a night. But it's $13.57 more than I am
paying. For 4 nights, that would be +100(gift cert) minus $13.57 x 4, or a
total of $45.72 you come out ahead. For a week, you almost break even.

http://www.candlewoodsuites.com/

You can see pics of rooms and floor plans on the website.

Randy Chase