Time Trials at Pocono

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Time Trials at Pocono
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:23:57 GMT
USA street terms research.  No autocross content.

I am posting this here because I need some info about language use in the USA
and this
list has a good cross-section of USA residents.

I work for for a municipal public-works department.  At a utility-permits
meeting
this
morning, we were discussing a communication problem we were having with some
utility
designers elsewhere in the country.  All of us were raised here, and it seems
that some
terminology is not universal.

My question is this:  What do you call the strip of grass between the curb and
the public
sidewalk?

Please send me your answer and the location in the country where the term is
used.
Obviously, you should reply to me directly at pethier@isd.net and not to the
list.  It's one
thing for me to post the question once.  It is quite another to load Mark's
list with an
off-topic thread.

ADthanksVANCE

Phil "wearing my Public Works hat" Ethier