Re: Kumho Tire Pressures

To: "Pete Holsberg" <pjh@mccc.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho Tire Pressures
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:49:04 -0500
From: Pete Holsberg <pjh@mccc.edu>

>Please recommend tire pressures for a 2300 pound front
>wheel drive car for wet and dry.

It's not that simple, Pete.  Cars, tires, and wheels have many variations.
I changed wheel widths on a Midget once and the optimum air pressure for the
same tire changed 20 psi.  My current autocosser runs 16/22.  With a change
of either tire or wheel, this could become certifyably insane.

What kind of car?
What type of prep for what class?
What wheel size?
What tire size?