Whazat? and shift points

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Whazat? and shift points
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:51:11 -0800
Whazat? Did I hear someone mention TVR? Huh?

JD,
That might work with ol' British Rust, errrr, Iron :-)  Rule of thumb is
shift 10% past the hp peak, for example, if your car has a hp peak at
4500,
you would want to shift around 5000rpm, or redline, which ever is first.
Now, the REAL way to determine shift points....  You need to know the
torque
or hp curve and gear ratios.  Convert torque to hp, then multiply all hp
points by the gear ratios, where the hp number is less at the higher
rpm,
than the lower rpm for the next gear is the time to shift.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
former Brit Car Pilot (Triumphs!!!)
looking for a TVR (maybe :-)         <----------
90 SHO
84 300zxt

 Yeah! right there at the end! Shore nuf' Well, unlike the top
of the post, rust ain't a real problem on TVRs.!!!

 Ron, if you need to know sumpin', contact me privately, there is
vast right wing conspiracy to stop talk of TVRs!  (plus I can tell
you all the stuff about 'em I can't discuss in public-Black helicopters
you know...........)

 Bill Sanford
ASP TVR soon appearing (I hope)
Only $9.95 per month!