Re: Acceptable finish designs.

To: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Acceptable finish designs.
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:08:35 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 5:11 PM

> I went to the SD Tour last year.  It was my first year in autox.  Wow!
You
> mean you can have finishes where you don't have to throw the car sideways
> after the finish line?  Amazing, but true.

Of course.  But this is partly because the lot they use for the SD Tour is
HUMONGOUS!!  A straight braking zone is a luxury they can afford, even with
70-80 second course lengths (a few of the locals have told me they
occasionally see 90-sec courses at regional events).  I've noticed that the
Nationals courses tend to have straight braking zones after the finish as
well.  This I like; with a finish like that, if you can't get your car
slowed down you probably shouldn't have passed tech.

As for Charlie's original finish (the one that began this thread), I could
live with it.  But if there has to be a sharp turn at the end of the course,
I'd rather see it before the lights.

Scot - going through autox withdrawal brought on by an exceedingly thin
wallet
'91 soon-to-be-ES Miata - currently incapacitated